Friday 28 October 2011

Nanowrimo

I'm more than aware that, at this time of year and over the next month, everyone in the same online circles as I will become increasingly more and more bored with endless word count updates, complaints and jubilation.  Your Nanowrimo is like your dreams - nobody else is interested.  So I promise I won't write much about it again, even though nobody reads this, because I try not to do things that irritate me!

But Nanowrimo. I've done it... six times now?  Won three times, failed completely twice and got to around 30,000 another time.  It's been something I've loved.  I've always been excited at this point in October because it's just around the corner.  Sure, most of the people on the Nanowrimo are intensely irritating and probably around twelve, but that's sort of sweet in October: it reminds me of when I too was an intensely irritating small child who couldn't imagine that anything would ever be more important than my 1667 a day.

THis year, I just don't know if I can be bothered.  I've been feeling a bit off the last few weeks: I haven't even been reading much and that isn't like me.  I'm not especially unhappy or depressed.  I just don't feel motivated.  And I don't know if the two things are feeding each other: like maybe if I just start reading or writing and push through, I'll start to feel more like I want to do it.

I don't know.  I've still got two days to decide!

No comments:

Post a Comment